Lesson 2: ㄴ (Nieun)

Hey Hey Hey ~ Welcome back !💪

Now let's finally move onto our next consonant ㄴ(니은/Nieun)


As always, let's try to pronounce ㄴ (Nieun).

 
Did you pronounce it correctly?

So it is pronounced with two syllable Ni-eun. Ni is quite easy to pronounce but the "eun" is what makes it difficult. 

I have heard many non-Korean speakers pronounce it like "un" just like the word uncomfortable. 

Well it is definitely not easy and very hard to explain. But if you hear the recording above, it is definitely not "un" sound.

So for me personally, when you say "un," I noticed that my tongue is either placed on the bottom or the top of my teeth. However, "eun," I see that the tongue is placed between the bottom and the top teeth after pronunciation. 

Okay...quite difficult right? Listen to the audio again and let's try with our activity.

ㄴ (Nieun) (New page will open)


Now let's try how ㄴ is pronounced in Korean words. In the audio above, I have pronounced N before I pronounced Nieun. So how do we say it? well, think of the word "Nose." Before you speak out the "ose," you can hear yourself saying the "N".

Let's try with the activity.

ㄴ (N sound) (New page will open)



How did you do? I have a feeling that the activity for N sound was far more easier than Nieun activity 😉


Great work today again ! We are another step closer to learn all the Korean characters !

If you have any questions or need help, always reach out !

Thanks and have a wonderful day everyone ! See you~✋

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lesson 8: ㅇ (Ieung)

Lesson 6: ㅂ (Bieup)

Lesson 4: ㄹ (Rieul/Lieul)